Friday, March 9, 2012

Vince Vaughn

If you looked a few entries ago you'll reconize this as the "inking" video. I used one of those fancy brush pens to do this. and I was going more for an ink portrait than a caricature. I've exaggerated his features but not too much. I think if I actually colored this or painted this  it's pretty close to a straight portrait. I love working with brushes because you can do so much with such an economy of strokes. Think Al Hirschfeld. Not that I don't like me some David Levine either. Levine was not about economy, he used enough lines to get his point accross. Both mindsets work when executed consistently it really is just about perference.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, here's part two. I won't be posting for a while. I have to focus on making work for mocca fest. I have to make some new button designs and issue two of my zine. I can't be distracted. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on the lion king mask. the next step is clay on top.
Until then,
goodnite
j.

No comments: